Quondam (adjective) [kwon-duh m, -dam]
former, one-time (his quondam partner)
Now I am sure some of you are wondering why I chose this particular word for this A to Z Blog post?
It is a very odd word indeed! Well, let's see...the thought process went a little something like this!
1. Q is a hard letter to decide what to write AND have it be original-not your standard words!
2. It is Tuesday now, which means my post is several days late.
3. Which led to a dictionary.com search.
4. Quondam is a kind of second cousin synonym to the word 'late'!
'Bygone', 'erstwhile', 'former', 'old', 'once', 'past', 'sometime' & 'olden' are all synonyms to 'late' to which 'quondam' is a\THE ONLY synonym that starts with a Q... there is not another!
5. Voila! Q...quondam for the A to Z blog post for a late letter Q.
I do hope that we can all find a use for this fun word in our daily verbiage (or adjectiviage-I don't think that's really a word, but I do like the concept!!) at least once in the week ahead.
Tartan vs Plaid
Taking My Advice
Q, yup that's right!
You are next...