November 14, 2011

In Christ Alone...

....my hope is found.

Is this where I find my hope?  Do I look to Christ or do I look to my circumstances?  When my circumstances are good, hope comes easy...but when circumstances get hard, unfair, difficult, challenging, hurtful, or any other type of negative word you can come up with, well hope is much harder to come by!  Should it be that way?

Well, I think if we are honest...yes, it will be that way!  We live in a fallen world, corrupted by sin so yeah fighting off those negative feelings is not easy to do...finding hope is not easy to see through the storms that come our way. It is NOT easy and we are not promised easy...but it can be done...we can find hope. What will I choose to look at?

He is my light, my strength, my song


Oh what a promise!  When I look through the storm, there is a light to be seen.  Sometimes it comes in flashes or short glimpses...and sometimes it is totally obliterated by the storm...but the light is ALWAYS there.  Strength...boy when hope wanes do I ever need the strength of others around me to help hold me up & point me back to Jesus.  Song...well if we were created to worship, then my song should sing to Him...often when I am the most down (hopeless) a song can boost my spirit or it can bring me down...what will I choose?  If I am choosing Him-then a song to boost my spirit is what I need...one that brings honor and glory to Him, not just makes me feel good!

This Cornerstone, this solid ground


A cornerstone...oh the strength found in a cornerstone...the stability...reliability.  Only my hope isn't in just any cornerstone-it is found in THE Cornerstone-Jesus Christ.  Solid ground...what a wonderful feeling...to know that what is beneath you can not be shaken liked the plates of this world.  Our world can be shaken both physically (in nature) and literally (in our personal lives) However, if I put my hope in Christ alone-I AM on solid ground and when everything around me is shaking-THE Cornerstone, THE Solid Ground will always remain steadfast!

No comments: